Tuesday, April 03, 2007

A Sum-Up

Sorry I haven't posted in a while I have many incomplete posts, that I never sent in. Here is one of them that should have been sent in 2 months ago.


We have finally left Cartagena, and are now in the San Blas. We can’t use the internet anymore, and won’t be able to receive emails with photos, SO People Stop Sending Me Chain-Mail! These are the only emails I get anymore, “If you send this to 10 people and press shift five times then you will receive a hundred dollars in the mail! But, if you don’t then bad things will happen to you! I know you have got tons of emails like this, but this one really works!” yi yi yi……. I can’t send out that many emails anyways, and it is annoying to receive them. Oh no, I’m going to have bad luck for all eternity according to the email if I don’t answer it!

Moving along... The San Blas are really nice, and I can’t believe how clear the water is compared to Cartagena’s filth. The water here is a nice shade of turquoise that has the qualities of a crystal, clear and sparkly. I haven’t been swimming yet, but I plan on it soon. We will probably be getting our inflatable kayaks ready soon, so I can go to most the islands easily. Even though we are in the San Blas, the islands here have been named by visitors like us, because not many Kunas live here. The islands we are staying at now are far away and hard to get food to, so most Kunas don’t live here. Examples of a few of the names for the islands are, Bug Island and BBQ Island. The anchorages also have interesting names such as The Swimming Pool, and The Hot-Tub. So far we have managed to only buy one mola and 30 loaves of “Kuna bread”. I have only ate, about 12 loaves of Kuna Bread in 2 days! I like Kuna bread a lot even though the batch we got was a little stale.

I’m writing this paragraph a few days after I wrote the previous two, so I can cover more events with one update. Two days ago we spent a few hours creating a house/hut on a nearby island. The location we chose to make the hut was between of few palm trees and near the beach. We gathered old dry palm fronds to wedge between trees and weave between each other to make the walls, and pulled down low-lying branches then tied them together to make the ceiling. We pulled up old dry thick grass and placed it on the ground to make the floor. Even when we went to visit our hut after a storm our hut was dry and had little damage, so we must have built it fairly well. The only damage it suffered from the storms is that the palm fronds on the walls have sagged from the weight of the water, everything else is fine. The roof is made of living palm fronds so they won’t be blown off in the wind. We wanted to sleep there, but our parents wouldn’t let us stay the night, we only got to stay till 10

Yesterday we had a potluck and a fire where everyone in the anchorage comes. The potluck had lots of good food, and we got to roast marshmallows over the fire. Someone ate my marshmallows the day before, so I deserved them. My mom made brownies, and being the only dessert food there, they were eaten very fast.



Since then we have left the San Blas for the island of Providencia, traveled from Providencia to Guanaja, then Guanaja to where we are now, Roatan. Roatan has plenty of internet so I should of updated this sooner.

1 comment:

Turi said...

Ah ^_^ the chainmail thing... XD I think I have enough bad luck for.. oh, say 50 lifetimes, at least :P :D Was the hut at Kuna where you filmed your movie? ^_^