Wednesday, July 12, 2006

My First Post Here

This is my first post in my blog. Someone advised me to start a blog, because they get many more hits. This may be more of just an advertisement for my website, and the posts here and there will be very similar if not the same.
Who are we? We are a family traveling on our sailboat "Minke". We have traveled down the east coast of the US, from Florida around Cuba and to a tiny island called Swan Island. After that we went to Providencia(Below), then Bocas Del Toro, then to where we are now, Colon, Panama.
Our marina is within walking distance of a huge forest, and each night we can hear howler monkeys "howling". The first time I heard them howling, they gave me the chills, they sounded like a pack of angry dogs. The forest also houses bats, ants, panthers, many many birds, and other animals I can't remember. Oh, speaking of birds, did you know Panama has more species of birds than all of North America?
Colon is the city at the enrtrance to the Panama canal, and is known for its crime. Lucky for us we are in a marina seperated from the city by the forest. Also we are near a naval, and coast guard base that guards the area. Our marina is called the Shelter Bay Marina.
That wraps up my first entry, check for more updates frequently. Download Google Maps if you liked those satellite images. Its free!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!